1. Cloned genes: library or specific antigens + VLP
2. Bacterial based manufacturing
3. VLP vaccine candidate
Agilvax’s immunotherapy and vaccine discovery and development platform ensures high immunogenicity to both foreign and self-antigens.
Agilvax Propriety VLP Platform Highlights
- Ensures high immunogenicity by displaying foreign peptides as dense repetitive arrays on the surface of a VLP. This results in vigorous immune responses to foreign antigens, the ability to overcome immune tolerance, and induces antibodies against self-antigens.
- Enables the recovery and amplification of affinity-selected sequences from complex random libraries, in a process analogous to phage display. The combination of these two features in a single platform facilitates rapid identification and development of novel vaccines.
- Offers a wider safety margin by focusing on specific peptide antigens.
- Offers low cost of goods (by virtue of being bacteriophage based) and avoids cold chain requirements, which is a significant advantage in price sensitive markets.